Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Storm

 

Walking backwards I will stumble
Along this broken path
Lost in branches of memories
In the storm that is my past

The clouds are in the distance
But they hover still in view
Full with drops of misery
Unable to be made new

If I let them wash over me
Will I be cleansed of my mistake
Or will I drown in their humidity
As I relive my heartbreak

I must turn away
For these branches will not bend
Turn around and find out
How to start again

I will grow new branches
In the sunlight they'll grow long
                                                                     Because the storm behind me
                                                                                              It has made me strong



10 comments:

  1. Your words capture the tension in the clouds, and an internal tension that builds strength. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel myself drowning in "their" humidity... not my own humidity. There, there - so much depth. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strengthened by the storm...I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the strength that comes through as you end this piece ... optimistic and clear-headed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tremendous interplay of the dancing opposites....the very stuff of life you have produced here ...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. The storms of life do make us stronger, don't they?
    I like the hopefulness here.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful resolve at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the positive message from this bleak photo.

    ReplyDelete