Sunday, October 6, 2013

Time


Time.
There's never enough.

When we are young we squander it.
We think it passes too slowly.
We think it lasts forever.

As we grow older, we slow down.
And time, it seems, speeds up.

There's never enough time.

So what can we hope for?
More time?
To move more quickly?
For time itself to slow down?

My hope is this...
When my time runs out
I hope I can say I spent it wisely
And regret nothing.

Because time really does last forever.
It outlives us.
So perhaps its us that aren't being... enough.


Inspired by The Mag

6 comments:

  1. Wow, loved this. Such wise reflection. I too hope when my time runs out that I've spent it wisely and with no regrets. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the message in your poem ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes wish there was a rewind button...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those last lines, profound poem =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very wise. Excellent message of how we should use and value our moment of time here on planet Earth.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete