Sunday, December 4, 2011

Oblivious

I am in a hurry.
I am too busy to weigh myself down with the burdens of others.
I do not see their struggles.
I do not feel their pain.
They are in another world, far away from what occupies my mind.
They are a fixture in a room I am passing through, temporarily in my peripheral vision.
To acknowledge them would slow me down.
Life is moving to quickly to stop for them.
Someone else will. Someone with more time and patience than I.
I am too important. 
I am oblivious.


Be inspired to not be oblivious this holiday season. ♥.

10 comments:

  1. *snort*

    Hope this one doesn't realize too much too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, this is the mantra of too many...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fitting words to guide us in what not to do in this Holy season....you have so much wisdom in your young life. Inspiration is everywhere....even in the moments we learn what we should not do. Amazing response to the prompt as always! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. a highlight on self-centered souls,
    powerful delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One, with what is happening now, people might never take a look and care for people they pass by, sad! Two, if this is what is happening with those who are already way ahead others, VERY SAD!...

    JJRod'z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a few of the 1% folk ... nice write.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yep...seen that...far too often....

    ReplyDelete
  8. You describe the majority of folks in my world....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sadly, this seems to be an apt description of more of us than not. You made us stop and think. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Superbly sums up an awful lot of folk - wish it didn't.

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete